Self-Care for Your Creative Heart
Hey there, babes. Today we're sharing about something we're super passionate about - self-care. Because, babes, if we are not caring for ourselves we are not able to produce creative work, care for others, and run our businesses well. When we are working from a place of emptiness, our work shows it. So, babe, if you're like us and sometimes feel guilty for taking some time away from the business, we're giving you permission. It's important and it'll help you be better in your business. It can even increase your productivity. Not to mention it'll help you feel more balanced and just all around feel better. Who doesn't want that? As Shelby Bussey from Capture Legacy Photography mentioned in our Babetown Facebook Group,
Life has a funny way of bringing these moments to you just when you need them. It lets you know that you are strong, you are beautiful, you are worth it, and you are a self-made babe! So don't forget to take time for yourself. Go shopping, get a massage, get your nails or hair done, TREAT-YO-SELF. You deserve it more than you know!
So what are some self-care activities that you could take a few minutes to try today?
- Step away from all electronics and step outside. Just sit and listen to nature.
- Turn your phone notifications off.
- Try coloring or drawing.
- Cook or bake.
- Go for a walk, jog, or run.
- Make a playlist of inspiring music.
- Take a nap.
- Read a book (maybe try some fiction or at least go with something that's not business related).
- Fuel your body with healthy foods.
- Dance in your living room.
- Try some yoga.
- Have a friend over to just chat. Or call a friend you haven't talked to in awhile.
- Take yourself on a date. Maybe get some coffee or go to a movie.
- Paint your nails.
- Get a massage.
- Watch a funny movie in the middle of the work day (if you work from home!).
- Buy yourself some flowers.
- Take the weekend away from social media.
- Go to a bookstore and just look through the books and magazines.
- Take photos just for fun. With no end goal in mind.
- Buy yourself a yummy smelling candle + use it now. Don't wait for a special occasion.
- Play with some puppies.
Do something that fuels you up. Also, something that may be incredible restorative for one person may be stressful to another. You have to find what works for you. This is no place for comparison!